Wednesday, March 13, 2013

lucky girl


    As you all know, I am the owner of Be You. on Etsy. I absolutely love this job! It's that type of job you love so much that you don't even consider it to be work.

    I am also a full-time nanny for a wonderful family. I know that whenever I tell someone that I am a nanny, there will always be an "oh" to follow. It happens every time! And that's okay. They don't know that I do not have the "typical" nanny job. I get to take care of one very sweet, loving, well-behaved two-year old {she calls me "Kiki" so cute!} Her parents show nothing but love and appreciation to me. We all get along wonderfully. Oh! and the pay is not all that bad either :) 
I am one lucky girl.  But even though, I absolutely love my job as Madeleine's nanny, it does come with a couple of downsides: 

+ I get very little social interaction during my week. 
+ I don't get to challenge myself with much. {it's not too hard playing pretend all day}

    Needless to say, I had to find something else for my mind to focus on. I was spending all day with Madeleine- doing play time, nap time, and meal times. Then I would go home to my husband; cook dinner, clean up, then sit and watch TV or read until we went to bed. That kind of schedule is nice every now and then, but I started feeling brain-dead after a while.  I was shopping on Etsy one evening. I saw a pair of earrings that I fell in love with. I was about to make my purchase when I thought, "I could definitely make these." I gathered all the pieces from a variety of suppliers, {thanks on-line shopping!} ordered them, then put them together. My husband pushed encouraged me to open a shop on Etsy. {I must have really been complaining about nothing to do} A couple of hours later, I was in business! I am so grateful for Be You. It truly was an answer to prayer. Not only do I love making the earrings, but I get to meet all kinds of wonderful people. 



    
 

No comments:

Post a Comment