Monday, June 24, 2013

Organic Living: Update

Hello, friends! 

I truly hope all is well with you. I hope you are enjoying your Summer with good health, love,  quality family time, shopping at your local Farmer's market, and many trips to the swimming pool. 

I wanted to give you an update on our new organic lifestyle. As of today, we have been on this adventure for three whole weeks. My original plan was to take this journey two weeks at a time..meaning, I wanted to cut wheat, then sugar, then caffeine, and so on. Well, when we arrived at our two week mark, we just were not ready to add on another huge change. So instead of being on a regimen, we are taking it as it comes. I really want this to stick, and I want to it be as easy as possible. 

So, how has it been so far? Well, honestly, it has been so great! After our first week being so easy and profitable, I was afraid it would only go down hill from there. But it really hasn't. And let me tell you, that has only been possible with God's help. I pray for strength and will power everyday. He has been right by me, helping me learn and teaching me new things everyday. I have been reading the Hallelujah Acres book. {here} I get so overwhelmed with the realization of all I desperately need to change. I have no other choice than to get on my knees and ask God for help. I ask Him to give my mind the ability to retain all I am learning. I ask Him to show me what I need to know need what I need to do in oder to be healthy and live my life to it's fullest. There is so much I want to do, and there is so much I feel God showing me to do. I want to have the energy and ability to keep up with Him. {more on that later} 

After 3 weeks wheat free: 

Cury: 
+11 lbs. down
+energetic
+motivated
+happier
+less irritable 
+better sleeping habits

Kendra: 
+more energy
+motivated
+less irritable
+MUCH better sleeping habits
+no more joint pain
+mild lingering cold-like symptoms {common in a drastic change in diet}
+better abilities to hold focus


Both of us: 
+we have much more respect for people with a gluten intolerance
+much larger grocery bill 
+new perspective on food and eating
+we are full of gratitude for the many resources out there...
           >Lacy and Meg
           >eat. live. make
           >rabbit food for my bunny teeth
                                         ...just to name a few 



I would love to hear of any resources you use.

 Happy Monday :) 










No comments:

Post a Comment