Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Organic Living: Update

sorry it has been so long friends... 

I haven't "officially" announced it on here yet, but I am going through a work adjustment... and it hasn't been easy for me. 

The family I have worked for for the past 2 1/2 years is moving two hours away from where I live. Though I would love to pack up and move with them, I simply can't. And I can't add another hour+ onto my drive to work. I guess I have been avoiding talking about it on here. my heart feels broken. I have fallen in love with Madeleine and her parents. They treat me like family, and I feel as if we are family.  I will visit miss madeleine often. 2 hours isn't a horrible drive. but not being able to see her everyday is going to be rough. I am used to seeing her everyday, but occasionally, I will have a Friday off... come Sunday around 2ish, i look at Cury and say, "I miss Madeleine. I Can't wait to see her tomorrow."  

...more on that later... if I am able to talk about it... makes me sad... 

here is an update on our gluten-free/wheat-free life ... ... ...

C U R Y
+down 16lbs. 
+happy

K E N D R A
+ready to move forward to the NO SUGAR phase! 
+consistently feeling the same. 
+happy 

T O G E T H E R
+we have discovered some delicious new products
+we have become full of knowledge on this topic >>again, all thanks to the generous women out there who's blogs I read. I thank God for you every time I read your blogs and learn from you<<  
+motivated
+basically, we have been able to maintain all of the benefits that i have mentioned in previous posts. I think now that our bodies have adjusted to this new lifestyle, and it is in our systems... we won't be experiencing too many new changes.


...links to the blogs that have helped me...

>> Meghan Newsom

>> Lacy and Meg

>> Catherine




...product reviews by Cury and me...



 justin's "snickers"
okay, this product shocked me. i have tried many all-natural candy bars. some are good, but i aways think, "noting beats the original" well, this candy bar tasted just like a snickers bar except no high-fructos corn syrup, gluten, or any of the other "bad for you things" don't get me wrong.. I'm not saying this is healthy, but it is a much healthier option when you have a craving. our only problem with it was that poor Cury couldn't have it. He is allergic to tree nuts :/ 
You can find this at most health food stores for about $2.75

taste ***** cost **** convenience ****


  
 Amy's gluten-free cheese pizza
Cury and I have always been fans of Amy's pizzas, so we had to try this on last week. It was really good. I have only had one other gluten-free pizza in my life, it was made with "bob's all-natural flour" This one was obviously made with rice flour. We both agreed that it was tasty and fully capable of giving us that  pizza fix that we occasionally need. We added our own toppings 
-spinach, garlic, mushrooms, and gluten-free Applegate bacon- 
I seemed a little bland without the toppings, so I would suggest doing that if you try this product. 
The texture if the crust was a little different from what we are used to... a little "spongy"..if that makes sense :) 
You can find this product at Whole Foods for $10.00

taste *****  cost **  convenience ****   


Justin's Almond Butter
 I thought these were very tasty. My personal favorites were the chocolate and classic. (the also have maple) I tried these because they are gluten-free. I didn't buy a whole jar because I haven't been able to find gluten-free bread that I really like. I just bought these little packets to taste them. It's great on Apples! 
You can find Justin's almond butter at Whole foods and other health food stores for $10.00 a jar or $3.00 for one of these little packets.

Taste *****  Cost **  convenience ****


Applegate Gluten-Free Bacon
Cury and I love all the Applegate products we have tried. this is the bacon we added to our Amy's pizza. Cury has always been a fan of bacon. while I like it.. i can always do without it. we both thought this bacon was much better than any other bacon we have had. very tasty! plus hardly any fat!
You can find this brand in most grocery stores(yay!)for around the same price as other bacons. 

taste *****  cost*****  convenience *****


We have several other products at home waiting for us to try and review for you :) 


Thank you for reading! my life currently doesn't allow me to "get out much" so It's so great to meet new friends on here :) 























 


No comments:

Post a Comment